Magnitude Security offers a Back to Base Monitoring service to our alarm customers.
Back to Base Monitoring involves a centralised station (Monitoring Control Room) that receives reports from your security system, typically via the telephone line.
Those reports might include:
- A burglary in progress
- A duress alarm or panic button has been activated
- Alarm panel has not been armed by normal close of business
- Alarm panel has been disarmed outside normal business hours
- A smoke detector has been activated
- Power supply to equipment has failed
- Alarm panel equipment is being tampered with
- Alarm system requires a service
- Typically the Monitoring Control Room will keep the following information;
- Your street address and nearest cross street
- The telephone number of the premises
- The make and model of your security system
- The location of movement detectors
- The phone numbers of people to be contacted in the event of an alarm
- Normal trading hours of the business
- A ‘voice code’ so you can be identified when speaking on the telephone
However the Monitoring Control Room;
- does not have access codes for your security system unless you want them to,
- will not ask you for your access code, and
- does not keep keys to your premises unless you want them to.